Jaime Alberto Zapata, MD
Renowned Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeon, specialized in the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande Do Sur in Brazil and Surgeon from Javeriana University in Bogotá, Colombia.
He practices his profession in the city of Cali, Colombia. treating patients from cities such as Bogotá, Medellín, Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago … With high indicators of satisfaction and natural results. Today there are more than 3,400 happy patients treated with the best results, supported by experience, updating and constant innovation in scientific conferences.
Dr. Jaime Alberto Zapata is a regular member of:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Colombian Society of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery
- FILACP Ibero-Latin American Federation of Plastic Surgery
- ISAPS International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Dr. Jaime Alberto Zapata and Zapata Jiménez SAS
It is monitored by the National Superintendency of Health.
Rights and Duties of the Patient
According to article 10 of Law 1751 of February 2015, Doctor Jaime Alberto Zapata implements the Rights and Duties of the Patient related to the provision of health services.
- Receive an experience of humanized and excellent care.
- Know the administrative process on the costs generated from the care and those according to my particular situation.
- Receive clear and timely information on my state of health, using the necessary resources from Doctor Jaime Alberto Zapata, taking into account my emotional state and level of learning.
- Express freely and respectfully my wishes, needs and decisions that are related to my care process.
- Participate voluntarily in teaching and research activities.
- Keep in touch with my family.
- That spiritual assistance be provided to me according to my beliefs, and pain management to the extent that it is possible to control it.
- That my privacy be handled confidentially, in accordance with the appropriate practices for the treatment of my information.
- That my wish to not donate organs be respected based on the consent made while I was alive.
- Receive equal treatment that does not discriminate against my condition based on race, culture, religious belief or my own health condition.
- Request a second opinion.
- Receive clear and understandable communication.
Duties of the Patient:
During the process of care, recovery and treatment, all patients must:
- Participate in the care process, knowing and asking health personnel about my procedures and treatments.
- Take care of my health and that of my family.
- Caring for and preserving all the resources of Doctor Jaime Alberto Zapata, as part of his environmental programs.
- Comply with the rules, protocols and instructions of Doctor Jaime Alberto Zapata (not allowed entries and unauthorized recordings).
- Provide all the information about my state of health and my physical condition to the health personnel involved in my care.
- Know and comply with the statements in the informed consent.
- Be recognized as an organ or tissue donor, except for a living registry.
- Respect the staff who provide me with health care and the other people who are in Doctor Jaime Alberto Zapata.
Rights of Boys and Girls
- Be informed of their rights and duties.
- Receive care by personnel with technical and emotional skills.
- Be accompanied by their parents during their stay at the Doctor Jaime Alberto Zapata Office.
- Be hospitalized in the shortest possible time.
- Being hospitalized with other children, avoiding hospitalization with adults.
- Permanently inform parents and children of their health conditions.
- Receive prior information, according to their level of understanding.
- Consider stress and pain relief precautions.
- Have safe and equipped spaces for their care.
- Have opportunities for play, recreation and education.
- That their opinions are heard and taken into account.
- Receive personalized attention, dignified, friendly and respectful treatment.
- Respect your right to participate or not in research studies.
Responsibilities of Parents or Caregivers
The care and recovery of children in the services of Doctor Jaime Alberto Zapata., Is a joint work with parents and caregivers *, for this reason, they have the duty to:
- Permanently accompany and ensure the safety of your child, before, during and after medical care, in the services of Doctor Jaime Alberto Zapata.
- Collaborate with health personnel during the care and treatment of your child.
- Communicate concerns about health status and condition to health personnel.
- Stick to the scheduled appointment times for your child’s treatment.
- Comply with the indications provided by the health personnel or the treating physician.
Rights and Duties of the Patient with a disability
Dr. Jaime Alberto Zapata. In his capacity for social inclusion and to ensure that all people have the same opportunities for health care and according to law 1618 of 2013, he also recognizes the rights of patients with disabilities *.
In this way you have the right to:
- Receive specialized medical and interdisciplinary care, at the beginning, during and at the end of treatment.
- Have accessible, adequate spaces, marked according to the disability status of each patient to facilitate their mobilization.
- Receive clear and timely information about your diagnosis and health conditions.
- Receive information that allows the participation of the patient and his family in the rehabilitation process.
- Receive clear information on the administrative procedures for the provision of the service.
Duties of the disabled patient:
- Put into practice the recommendations of the interdisciplinary and administrative team.
- Comply with the treatment plans and recommendations provided by the interdisciplinary team at the beginning, during and at the end of treatment.
- Comply attend the appointments scheduled within the management plan.
- Develop activities that promote a healthy lifestyle as part of your self-care.
- Identify yourself when entering the institution’s facilities.
- Find adequate forms of communication.
- Actively participate with the family in the interdisciplinary rehabilitation process.